Thursday, October 30, 2008

what is it with jazz musicians and paris?

If you ever look at a lot of jazz music titles, one might begin to notice that a lot of the songs have the word "paris" in it. It appears that Paris may be the paradise for artistic creativity. And for many african american jazz artisits, or any black artist Paris was paradise. The people in this romantic city did not see these extraordinary performers for their color, like in america, but for their art, and what they brought to the table. I once read in an article that a white man from america said that the people in France "treated, or spoiled" black americans, and thats not even the case. Black people who artistically superior will express their talent where it will be appreciated, rahter than ridiculed. Even for non african american jazz musicians of the 30s, 40s, and 50s were inspired by the romantic scenery of Paris. I been to paris, when I was 4, and all I remember is how much my parents loved every bit of it, and I know its because of the music, and hopefully when I become financially stable, i will too enjoy Paris.

No comments: