Tuesday, October 28, 2008

the feeling of jazz

Just because I am classically trained does not mean that I do not have the appreciation of jazz music. I really feel as though jazz is the african american classical music, but in itself its richer. I can relate to jazz more on an emotional level rather than a technical. Meaning jazz music has a uncontrolled more relaxed, and freesrtyle rythem, like me, I never know what I am going to do on any day except going to class, but anything else, my life is not built on a specific stucture like most classical music. And I think thats why most african americans can relate to the musical structure of jazz, its free, you can do almost anything, there are no limits, abd it makes you feel...more than think. So i am going to switch it up a little bit, and center some of my focus on jazz...the feeling of jazz

No comments: