Tuesday, October 14, 2008

passion is a must





Antonio Vivaldi is one of the greatest venetian boroque composers, and personally my favorite. He was a well gifted violinist who was beleived to have asthma, so he was not an active child, but he continued to play the violin. When he became an ordain preist he was sent to an orphanage that was owned by the church, and he was titled maestro de violino or the master of the violin, and taught the girls at the orphanage. Most of his peices that he put together were for the young women at the orphanage.

The main reason why I fell in love with Vivaldi besides from his artisitic nature of composing music is because of his life story. How he basically gave his life to help the less fortunate through music. And when ever I pick up my instrument I always wanted to know what is the good of me playing this. How can I help others with this craft, and when I was a small child I did not know. Most musicians I know, who are classically trained musicians rather become teachers then work for music companies or play in big orchestras. I use to think that these music teachers that work at these piblic schools were just the failures, and could not audition in to the right progtrams, but it is not like that. When a person becomes a music teacher, they are bassically sharing their life and skills to a person who does not have these fine skills and techniques, they are bassically teaching their passion. And when I looked up Vivaldi's bio in highschool, I started to feel the same passion of sharing my art through the form of teaching. I began to give private lessons to my little cousins and neighbors... and soon I started teaching children who were less fortunate and gave them free lessons. And they were like a couple of sessions each before concerts and recitals and I was able to give my advice to these young people.

1 comment:

GNmusic said...

Grace + energy = Vivaldi. One of my favorites.

Passion is a key to fulfillment.

I wish you some today.
Good morning.