Thursday, October 30, 2008

i am guessing where it went off to...



Whenever i hear this song by ella fitzgerald, I think of my grandpa and how he plays all these old jazz albums when I was small child. This song really brings me back to a time of peace and innocence that i can never go back to. In the begginig of this school semester a young man in my class mentioned, where did our innocence go? It was a rhetroical question, however I feel as though our innocence left with the music that our generation in take. Almost everything that our generation listens to is about sex, drugs and money. Music is not about music anymore, its not about REAL life, or the love we have for one another. Lullaby a birdland, and other music of this genre brings me to that place where my innocences is still in existance, and to a place where negativity is not praised.

No comments: